TABLE OF CONTENTS
XOOM – Xoom Account | Use Xoom to Receive Money from Relatives Abroad
XOOM: Receive Money from Relatives Abroad – Do you have an Uncle living in the US that has refused to send you money? His claim is that he doesn’t like Western Union, MoneyGram, Bitcoin, etc. You are lucky you found this post. Call your Uncle today and tell him about XOOM.
With XOOM: receive money abroad is made possible like a PayPal company that allows international transfers in over 31 countries. In a way, it works like Western Union but there is a difference. With XOOM, the money is credited to the receiver’s bank account.
Let’s say you eventually told that your Uncle in the United States about XOOM and he agrees to send money to you; if he eventually sends the money via XOOM, the money will be sent to your Nigerian Bank Account. Cool huh?
Luckily for Nigeria, the website opened its doors to Nigeria in March 2016.
As a Nigerian, you can open an account for free. You can use your Nigerian Xoom account to request air time from relatives living abroad.
Though a relative living in the US has the option to send money to another relative living in Nigeria, Nigerian customers can only request airtime. Maybe more features will be added for Nigerian customers later.
This service works perfectly fine with the following banks in Nigeria; GTBank, First Bank Nigeria, Zenith Bank, and much more.
How to Send Money to Nigeria Using XOOM
To receive money abroad, using XOOM: Receive Money method, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.xoom.com.
- You may be redirected to xoom.com/request. If you were redirected, click on the send button at the top-left side.
- Click on send money and select Nigeria as the country you are sending money to.
- Click the send money button.
- Type the amount you want to send. The receiving amount shows how much the receiver will get in his/her local bank account.
- Press continue.
- Select how you want to pay. The available options are to pay from a Bank account, Debit card, or credit card.
- Choose the receiver’s local bank name.
- Enter the receiver’s local bank account number and personal details.
- Click on continue to payment.
- Enter your Bank or credit card details and continue to review.
- Click on Agree and Authorize payment.
Once payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation. Check your email frequently to see another confirmation when the money has been sent.
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES TO READ
- Xoom Referral; Invite Friends to Xoom to Get Rewards
- Xoom Fees | Xoom Customer Care, Xoom Transfer Limit
- Xoom Login – Access Xoom login – How to Send Money With Xoom
- XOOM: Receive Money from Relatives Abroad
- PayPal eCheck – Send a PayPal eCheck; Receiving a PayPal
The receiver can also track the money from his/her email or phone number if you chose the option while sending.
XOOM charges the sender $4.99 for transactions up to $2,999.